Here are just a few examples of where your United Way donation is going, and the impact you are making on our community. Last year grants were provided to many agencies throughout our community.
- Food Pantries at several locations were provided funding to feed thousands of area residents.
- Community Opportunity Center provided living quarters and necessary services for 91 local mentally challenged adults
- The Salvation Army - Plymouth Corps provided assitance to over 180 people through a grant for the recently unemployed
- Christmas in Action completed repairs on several low income seniors homes
- Personalized Nursing LIGHT House assisted over 300 client with addiction treatment
- New Hope Center for Grief Support for Kids and Teens helped children with grief counseling
- Southeastern MI Veterans assited over 2,000 homeless veterans
- Plymouth-Canton Community Schools started a summer school program to assist elementary school students who were behind in reading and math